Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Favorites...

I know you aren't supposed to have favorite kids. But, he was my favorite...just like each of the girls were at that age. They just can't do anything wrong. He was cute when he was dirty, or when he was clean, laughing or crying, doing his best to ignore you or expressing disapproval, when he made messes and when he helped clean them up. He was just so much fun to watch. I would just soak it all up with a smile. He and Shelby were just so much darn fun together. Shelby would take him in her room and shut the door so he couldn't escape. He would just plop down on the floor and be content to play anything she wanted even if it involved her coloring on him or covering him with nail polish or peanut butter. He would know his cue when Shelby would sit in the baby stroller to push her around the house. He would spontaneously tackle us all with his hugs or plant snotty kisses right on the lips. They would get out all the plastic dishes and have a "tea potty" or pull out all the casserole dishes and hide in the cabinets. Jeffrey would climb up the little slide and Shelby would wait at the bottom to "catch" him. They would laugh so when he knocked her down. How in the world can we go on without him. He just added so much to our lives.

2 comments:

  1. Sara, I wish he could be here, too. Jeffrey did indeed add so much to our lives. He continues to do so, through your blog for one, which will surely help others grieve and will help those of us who called Jeffrey "my..." still feel close to him through you.
    And Jeffrey continues to add so much to our lives because his life has brought many people together, has bonded new friendships, has helped people grow closer to a Lord they may have never known before, has reminded us that each and every day is precious.
    Even if I couldn't have called him "my great nephew," I would be grateful for Jeffrey's time on this earth for those reasons.
    I hope it is some comfort to know that his passing provided no loss of love, rather - on earth and in heaven - he created love in even greater abundance.
    I don't know that I could love you and yours any more than I already do. Your lives are - have been and will continue to be - a blessing to me and mine. And to so many others.
    With love, prayers and gratitude,
    karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not going on without him. All the memories you have will keep him in your hearts forever more. I love the little stories about him:) Keep it up!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete