Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Glad Reunion Day

I have been struggling with wanting to go to heaven more to see Jeffrey than Jesus now. I feel like this is so wrong, but not something I have much control over. I feel like Jesus is where I've always known him to be and now with Jeffrey gone there too and being so fresh, I just long to go get one of his big hugs that would just knock you over and to feel his sweet chubby cheeks next to mine. I just know there will be flesh on our heavenly bodies because it feels so darn good to touch ours to someones we love. I know since God knew everything that would happen with Jeffrey, He also knew every thought that would enter my head and understands."The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Psalm 34:18  I still long to feel the same longing I have to see Jeffrey for my Savior. He is the one who has made it possible for me to have a way to see Jeffrey again. Without Jesus and the cross there is no hope for me beyond death. Only because He lives do I have hope that Jeffrey lives today as well. I have been so surprised to find people who think the same things I do after experiencing the loss of a child. As I was reading one book in particular, "Life After the Death of My Son" by Dennis Apple, I just nodded my head yes as he described the thoughts that have run through my head.  I was so surprised this morning to find someone who felt the same way about being more excited about seeing his child in heaven. I think God put this song in Steven Curtis Chapman's mouth for me today and I think He knows both of our hearts.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9JTwJ_1lzE

No comments:

Post a Comment