Friday, December 16, 2011

My Days Are Numbered 3-29-11

 

One of the biggest things I've had to overcome in Jeffrey's death is that there is nothing I could have done to prevent it. I struggle with thinking I should have known he was sick or that I should have woken up during the night just sensing something was wrong because I am his mother. I drive myself crazy with the how's and why's. I have to continually remind myself that it was just his time. God had his days numbered even as he was being formed in my womb.


 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment
~ Hebrews 9:27
 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
 ~Ecclesiates 3:1-2
Remind me that my days are numbered.
~Psalm 39:4

Many people are shot and survive, then one dies. Many people go to sleep then wake up. Then one doesn't. Many people get in car wrecks and walk away. Then some don't. Many people become terminally ill, then some live. We praise God for the ones that lived though all odds were against them. Then we get angry at God when they die. Maybe it should be looked at not from my warped view of my one isolated event, but the big picture. If you take these collectively God is really showing off. He is screaming "Life and death are in my hands! I have shown that I could have saved him. It was his time." Either today is my day and I will be in heaven knowing the meaning of the verse "A good name is better than ointment; and the day of death than the day of one's birth" or it is not my day and Gods name be glorified that he has spared me and that I have more work to do here.
"Zig Ziglar says,"God knows the exact time that we will die. He knows when He's going to call us home. There's nothing you can do to extend your life span one tenth of a second." No death (or birth) is simply the result of circumstances, an accident or fate. This doesn't mean God wanted your loved one to die or is morally responsible for the death. It means the same God who loved you enough to die for you is in control. God's ways are too complex for us to understand." ~Your Journey From Mourning to Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment