Wednesday, July 27, 2011

How Do You Eat an Elephant?

I've struggled more lately with Why's than ever before. It makes no sense when I see and hear of children being severely neglected and abused, yet their parents get to keep them...then there's Jeffrey, torn away from a home where he was so loved and cherished. A beautiful friend shared a profound A W Tozer quote with me the other day as I was struggling. "When I understand that everything happening to me is to make me more Christlike, it solves a great deal of anxiety." It helped jerk me back to the only thing that makes sense. I think my recent struggles have been because I've lost sight of this great truth that I so desperately clung to in the beginning. It doesn't make the pain less, but it truly relieves the anxiety, the wondering, the Why's. And that is, it still doesn't matter why! God is sovereign! He is the great I Am! He is God! I have such limited knowledge here, I just can't see the big picture. But, I know I trust God. So, I must just sit and wait and endure. Fair? NO! Solomon who was the wisest man in the Bible counts everything as foolishness. Basically saying, life is not fair. There is no seeming rythym or sense to it at all.  "I observed everything going on under the sun, and really, it is all meaningless--like chasing the wind. What is wrong cannot be made right. What is missing cannot be recovered." Ecclesiastes 1:14-15(written by Solomon) Certainly for me, what is missing cannot be recovered. I'm just stinkin' broken! Hopefully Solomon was also right when he said " Sorrow is better than laughter, for sadness has a refining influence on us." Ecclesiates 7:3 How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Atleast I should not go hungry in my lifetime. I have received the largest of elephants to feast on from here on out. In the end, I have to "Accept the way God does things, for who can straighten what he has made crooked?" Ecclesiastes 7:13 Truly a wise man, that Solomon.

No comments:

Post a Comment